What is a cottage group?
A Cottage Group, usually small in size, is composed of Guild members who meet on a regular basis at various locations throughout the community for sharing friendship and their love of quilting.
Some Goals of the Groups
- Learn quilting methods from each other.
- Share information and experiences.
- Participate in common projects.
- Take field trips.
- Support each other in their quilting projects.
- Make lasting friendships.
- Have fun!!
How do Cottage Groups benefit the Guild and members?
- Give new members a place to get to know people and the Guild
- Assist beginning quilters and provide experienced quilters a place to hone their quilting skills
How do Cottage Groups support the Guild?
- Hostess and greet at Guild meetings
- Participate in the Quilt Show
- Voluntarily work on Guild charity projects including:
- Quilts for Kidz Quilts
- Fidget Quilts for Alzheimers patients
- Shelter Bed Buddy/Pet Beds
For more information contact: Denise Cordova Collado at firstname.lastname@example.org